Friday, November 4, 2011

About me.

I thought today I would share a bit about me. I noticed on another new blog, she copied and pasted that "25 things you don't know about me" thing that was on Facebook. Great idea. Here is mine. :)


1. I decided to finally do this b/c I had been tagged quite a few times....I put it off b/c I wasn't sure I could think of 25 things.

2. I am grateful my Heavenly Father loves me unconditionally and am so thankful for His son Jesus.

3. I feel like God created me to be a mother.....it is a role I LOVE!!!

4. Pre-SAHM, I worked with a non-profit that helped individuals raise money for organ transplants. I traveled all over the country showing these people and their families how to do grass-roots fund-raising to fund their transplant.

5. I know the sign language alphabet and wish I knew more....a goal of mine to learn more one day.

6. I am a twin.

7. I LOVE brownies and cookies with nuts, but hardly ever make them that way b/c my family prefers them without.

8. I would love to adopt a child.

9. I have always wanted to teach kindergarten/1st grade......maybe one day after my kiddos are all grown up!

10. I was runner-up in the Memphis city spelling bee in 6th grade. I was in a spell-off with another girl and she won.....and went on to the state bee. Don't ask what word I missed! I am a "stickler" for correct spelling!

11. One of the sweetest memories I have from childhood is my sis and I doing cheers for my mom and my grandma as they sat on the back porch, legs dangling off, watching us.

12. I was a cheerleader 6th grade through college......if it could have been a career, I would have done it. Loved it!

13. I wish my grandaddy and my grandma were here to see our three boys. They would have been amazing great-grandparents.

14. I only knew my husband 4 months before we became engaged.......then married 11 months later. 19 years and going strong.......

15. My mom is my hero.

16. My husband and I compliment each other perfectly. He has so many traits that I wish I possessed!

17. I wish I loved to do laundry.

18. It was such a blast growing up being a twin. It was great to always have my sister there.

19. I wish my mom and sis lived closer.

20. I have lived in 5 different states in the last 19 years.

22. I like my toes.

23. I love my boy's names......including my husband's name.

24. I am amazed, looking back on my life, how God planned it perfectly. Being obedient to Him has brought me many blessings, and in those blessings, such gratitude.

25. I hope to never, ever again take my health and/or the simple things in life for granted.

And there you have it. Hoping to past some of my "projects", (as my hubby calls them), in a later post tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I just saw your blog link on FB. I have told you so many times, but I think about you and Riki and I just remember idolizing the two of you in college. Funny how life brings people around in the same circle over and over again.

    Anyway, wanted to make two comments... well, three actually, first of all, I have three adopted kiddos (as I think you know) so if that's still a dream, I'll help you get started any time. Second, I would LOVE to hear more about the job you did for non-profit. I would LOVE that job and would probably fit very nicely with my past experience... I'm looking for work soon, which leads me to my third point, there's alot going on in my life and I could use your prayers... you can read my blog post from last week at http://ephesiansonefive.blogspot.com.

    Ondrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Niki! I am so glad to see how happy you are and how great your life has been--you deserve it! It was great to reconnect with Riki on FB recently, and discover that some of my favorite clients are actually related to you--the Sperry family.

    I love your blog so far. I love to decorate and alter things, too. I look forward to seeing more of your projects!

    Barbie Schwartz

    ReplyDelete