like this in the blog world and in Ballard Designs. Love that catalog.I forgot to post my simple before and after the other day. I have seen pillows
So.....I decided to make some of my own. I took a boring black pillow (clearanced at Target for 4.98) and stamped them with white acrylic paint. That's it. Try it. Sure dresses up our bed huh? :) Excuse our lack of a headboard. I bought an old door and am waiting patiently for my hubby to put it up for me! :)
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Sunday, November 13, 2011
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Saturday, November 5, 2011
|T-shirt from the Dollar Tree|
|Trace (or free-hand) whatever birthday "number" your kiddo is.......I think I left it on for a few hours.|
|Throw it in the washer by itself and wash. Voila......a birthday shirt!|
|Have a T-shirt you love and can't part with.......a travel pillow cover! As I get better at this blog thing, I will post tutorials. :)|
Friday, November 4, 2011
|Before.....about to give up. :)|
|OLD Goodwill 7.99 magazine holder into this.........|
|beautiful, new scrapbook paper holder. :)|
|One of our biggest projects....beer top table......here she is before|
|Grouting, then adding the MANY caps!|
|Wiping it down.....|
|And then comes the resin. This was the kinda hard part. :)|
|WE love her!|
|Remember these.....I think it was 1.00.|
|Birthday gift for my friend Jane. :) Cork at the top and then a chalkboard at the bottom.|
|I loved this table...the shape, the bottom...but NOT the fruit and the yellow.....so I decided to paint her.......|
|This is the bottom.|
|After three coats of primer, two coats of black paint, and a couple of coats of polyurethrane......we really love it.|
|Perfect for my craft room......didn't have to do too much.|
|I just added some numbers and sanded them down a bit!|
|My husband gets credit for this but i just had to show it.We had iron railing which we love, but just wanted to have a temporary change.....something different.|
|But, my hubby had a vision, so with the boys help, he got started. It is built on the outside and it is not connected so we can take it down when we get tired of it.|
|It looks great. It changes the whole look of the upstairs/house.|
|Rhett and the boys very proud of their work.|
Partying here at The RECLAIMED WOOD PARTY!
1. I decided to finally do this b/c I had been tagged quite a few times....I put it off b/c I wasn't sure I could think of 25 things.
2. I am grateful my Heavenly Father loves me unconditionally and am so thankful for His son Jesus.
3. I feel like God created me to be a mother.....it is a role I LOVE!!!
4. Pre-SAHM, I worked with a non-profit that helped individuals raise money for organ transplants. I traveled all over the country showing these people and their families how to do grass-roots fund-raising to fund their transplant.
5. I know the sign language alphabet and wish I knew more....a goal of mine to learn more one day.
6. I am a twin.
7. I LOVE brownies and cookies with nuts, but hardly ever make them that way b/c my family prefers them without.
8. I would love to adopt a child.
9. I have always wanted to teach kindergarten/1st grade......maybe one day after my kiddos are all grown up!
10. I was runner-up in the Memphis city spelling bee in 6th grade. I was in a spell-off with another girl and she won.....and went on to the state bee. Don't ask what word I missed! I am a "stickler" for correct spelling!
11. One of the sweetest memories I have from childhood is my sis and I doing cheers for my mom and my grandma as they sat on the back porch, legs dangling off, watching us.
12. I was a cheerleader 6th grade through college......if it could have been a career, I would have done it. Loved it!
13. I wish my grandaddy and my grandma were here to see our three boys. They would have been amazing great-grandparents.
14. I only knew my husband 4 months before we became engaged.......then married 11 months later. 19 years and going strong.......
15. My mom is my hero.
16. My husband and I compliment each other perfectly. He has so many traits that I wish I possessed!
17. I wish I loved to do laundry.
18. It was such a blast growing up being a twin. It was great to always have my sister there.
19. I wish my mom and sis lived closer.
20. I have lived in 5 different states in the last 19 years.
22. I like my toes.
23. I love my boy's names......including my husband's name.
24. I am amazed, looking back on my life, how God planned it perfectly. Being obedient to Him has brought me many blessings, and in those blessings, such gratitude.
25. I hope to never, ever again take my health and/or the simple things in life for granted.
And there you have it. Hoping to past some of my "projects", (as my hubby calls them), in a later post tonight.