Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Remember these frames????

EVERYONE had one and they were everywhere!  I think we had 5 or 6 that said all sorts of things......MOM, DAD, BROTHERS......we had quite a few. I took them all to Goodwill but for some reason this one didn't make it.....so I decided to try something. :) First, the "orangey" wood had to go. I took it outside (we had a beautiful day here in TX!) and sprayed the whole thing with primer.
Then I took my VERY old and yucky  favorite Ralph Lauren glaze and wiped it over the whole thing.

Then I wiped it off. That is the great thing about using a glazing product. You can add more or wipe it more depending on the look you want. :)
Then I liked it, but didn't love it. I know......I took my sander to it and gave it a good sanding! The finished product.......
OH WAIT.........




Much better!! 



Linking here:The Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment