Thursday, December 29, 2011

$55.00 or around $3.00????

I have been meaning to post this for awhile and keep forgetting!  UGH! Anyway.....when I was out of town for Thanksgiving (shout-out to my hometown of Memphis), I saw the CUTEST frame! I was instantly in love...until I saw the price tag......see it??? $55.00?? $74.00??? No way. Of course, the first thing I thought....make it Niki! :)

So, I grabbed one of those $1.00 wooden frames at Michaels. I actually had one around that I had already painted, but if you don't...just grab one and paint it...any color you want.
Then I bought a sheet of moss from the dollar tree. I turned the frame upside down and traced around it on the moss. It is MESSY so be aware!! Then I cut it out and glued it down with hot glue to the frame.


Next, I grabbed some burlap-y ribbon (that I already had),made a bow out of it, and wah-la!!! (Is that a word?) A copycat frame for around $3.00 instead of $55.00....or $74.00! I love it! I gave one away as a Christmas present and I have everything to make a few more.....yay! Whatcha think? Almost as good as the original!!  Good luck!!




I am partying here




beneath my heart







Positively Splendid

18 comments:

  1. And I LOVE mine you gave me for Christmas! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I want one! Way to save money and still make it just as cute...if not cuter...than the one for $55. I mean who would pay $55 for that little frame at that shop? Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from thrifty decor chick-stop by for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really into yellow and green right now...love the idea of copying that mossy frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....I am so sorry I am SSOO late with my thank you!! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  5. That turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, but does it "shed" moss on your table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it actually doesn't. :) If you move it a lot I guess it might,but I leave it put! :) Thanks for you kind words! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thank you Melissa.....I LLOOVVE your blog. Truly a sweet, authentic blog that has stayed true to who you are......it is one of my very favorites and if I had to eliminate most of the ones I follow, it would not be yours! Thanks for your kind words! :)

      Delete
    2. And I didn't even have you in my blog roll! UGH! when I did that, I guess I completely forgot, which is nothing new in my life b/c I forget everything. :) But now I am set......you are on there!! :)

      Delete
  8. How did you tie such a perfect bow

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI there! If you look in picture 7 I made the two loops then glued them. YOu can't really tell from this pic........then I wrapped the little piece around, glued it and then made the tie......that is what made it so "perfect". HA! I am NOT a good bow-tie-er! HA!

    ReplyDelete