Friday, December 9, 2011

My mantel and other Christmas decor

Wow...this blogging thing definitely takes time! Whew! I hope I can get the hang of it soon enough! But I wanted to post some pics and link up to a few parties.....so here I go.

Here is a shot of the mantle. I am still working on my camera speed and the lighting. But..you get the idea. I just used a piece of tin I had that Rhett framed out for me and put the PEACE letters on it. YOu might remember it from fall, where I had the letters FALL there for awhile! :) Easy Peasy to just change the letters with the season.




 I used live greenery on the mantle. I went to Home Depot to purchase some and they let me have all their tree cuttings for free. Thanks Home Depot. I added some lights, and then the little chalkboard and filled my  "black wirey thingie" with red glitter ornaments and changed the candle out too. The ornaments in the greenery are a few I have left from my grandma's stash....these are the only ones that have not been broken. :) They are a treasure to me. I LOVE my "believe" banner. I used red burlap then cut it into triangles and stamped the letters with white acrylic paint.




This is the shelves in my kitchen. I LOVE white dishes! I just added the greenery and a touch of silver and red here and there and called it a day. This too, is easy to change with the seasons. I had pumpkins in the dishes for fall.

Kitchen Table Centerpiece

This was easy. Anything silver and sparkly I threw in a punch bowl I bought at the Goodwill and then hung some candy canes on the side.




An old door is propped against the wall with my chalkboard. I hung a wreath i bought a LONG time ago from Pottery Barn on the handle and then put up our favorite advent calendar. MY husband's mom made it for us before she passed away and we treasure it.....the detail in it is amazing. Truly an act of love.





A few more pictures loaded with Christmas!!! Hope your holiday is wonderful!!! I better get back to wrapping and cleaning up....I am never done cleaning up! Thanks for stopping by!





Linking to these parties:




holiday open house button

4 comments: